Our monthly popups by Microsoft are open to the girls in our High School Program as well as open to other high school students who may be interested in attending.
April 18, 2020
Navigating Your Career in Tech Workshop
Starting a career in tech can be overwhelming. What jobs are available? What jobs am I interested in? What skills will I need to qualify those jobs? How do I build my brand so that I will get that dream job?
The goal of this workshop is to provide real-world guidance on these topics and hands-on exercises to help students take ownership of this journey. Our industry experts will share clear information and practical knowledge around career management, searching for the perfect job, building your brand, and creating a plan on getting the skills needed for that dream job.
** Please create a LinkedIn account before you arrive if you don’t already have one.
June 20, 2020
Make Your Own Movie with 3D and MR
In this workshop, you will create unique movie projects using Microsoft’s latest 3D drawing and movie-making applications. You will feature each other in the videos alongside 3D characters and creatures, while learning movie-making basics like character development, storyboarding, shooting, editing, and sharing.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- Learn how to use Paint 3D, Mixed Reality Viewer, and the Photos app for creative projects.
- Complete a movie you can share with friends and family.
- Participate in your own movie premiere.
August 15, 2020
Get creative with 3D in Windows 10
The world we live in is multidimensional, so shouldn’t our art be as well? Bring your imagination to life by learning Paint 3D in Windows 10. This workshop offers a high-energy, collaborative environment for you to fuel your creativity and learn key tools and features of 3D in Windows 10.
At the end of the workshop, you will have:
- Learned the fundamentals of the Paint 3D app and all about the Remix3D.com community.
- Learned how to express their ideas in three dimensions by creating their own 3D designs.
- Created a group story illustrated with participants’ 3D art.