Our monthly popups by Microsoft are open to the girls in our High School Program as well as open to other high school students who may be interested in attending.
August 17 2019
Start Your Own Business
Success has no boundaries. This workshop helps you turn your passion into a great entrepreneurial business idea. You will get guidance developing their ideas into a robust business plan and a polished pitch ready to share with the world.
The workshop takes you through a series of engaging, hands-on group activities to introduce key business concepts, including:
- How to create a product or service
- Marketing and promotion
- Pricing and costs
- Manufacturing and distribution
During the final session, you will have the opportunity to present their complete business plan for feedback and insight.
September 21 2019
Minecraft Coding – Learn Computer Science Redux
In this workshop you will learn key fundamentals of computer programming with Minecraft, using the Microsoft MakeCode platform.
If you attended the workshop in June, we have all NEW challenges to take your Minecraft building to the next level.
If you did NOT attend the June workshop, no worries, we will have everything needed to get you started.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- Create original coding programs in your own Minecraft world.
- Learn new computer science concepts, such as events, coordinates, variables, and conditionals.
- Practice using computational, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
October 19 2019
The Cloud and AI
Access to vast amounts of computing power via the cloud means that everyone can access powerful artificial intelligence algorithms that were historically only available to those large companies and governments that could build vast data centers.
In this session, we will introduce you to the cloud and artificial intelligence.
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Build and deploy an artificial intelligence image classifier
- Build and deploy a web application to the cloud