What’s the ChickTech Mentorship Program?
- The 8-month Mentorship Program pairs girls in our High School Program with professional women in the Austin area. Each student is matched with a mentor who will help her explore careers in technology and set educational goals.
- The program runs from February to October, during which you’ll meet with your mentee on a regular basis. Together, you’ll explore exciting STEM activities sponsored by ChickTech or hosted by the Austin-area tech community.
- As a mentor, you’ll help your mentee work towards her educational and career goals. While your relationship focus will be on building a sense of belonging in tech, you are encouraged to explore your shared interests and hobbies as well.
What are the requirements to apply?
- Self-identify as a woman
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have at least 1 year of work experience
- Have access to reliable transportation
Computer programming experience is NOT required! We welcome women from all career backgrounds who are interested in supporting young women in tech.
Ready to apply?
Complete a mentor application to begin the process! The deadline to apply for the 2020 mentor cohort is October 28, 2019.
Questions? Email Us